June ’09 in Anaheim – What a great FBLA* conference!
It was just too much fun working with over 300 students in one room for 45 minutes (!) tackling the really important first steps of the college search process. In our session we divided our time between large group discussion, small group work and report out, and a Q & A session. We developed some great answers to:
- What do you know about the college search and selection process?
- What do you have yet to learn?
- What are you worries?
- What is your plan?
If you are beginning your college search – or you have started but haven’t taken the time to answer these questions – set aside a half hour. You will be amazed by your results when you think through
- what you know/have learned about the college search process -> without being conscious of it…
- that will lead you to creating a list or mindmap of those areas you need to learn more about…
- which might point to some of your worries…
- that can be ameliorated/handled at least in part by developing a plan for what you need and want to do.
Making the time to answer these questions will start you on the path to finding the colleges that are right for you… I’ve done this process with over a thousand teens – and they leave the sessions feeling more confident and in control of their lives. This is an opportunity to do the same for yourself! Be sure to let me know how this works for you – it’s simple, yet not simplistic. It’s a great beginning!
* Future Business Leaders of America