Hard to believe but true – summer is almost over and that means it’s time to start getting organized for the fall. Where are you in the college search process?
If you’re a senior, you have probably
- had a few meetings with your guidance counselor – talked about subjects of interest, colleges that might be a fit – > size, region of the country, price range
- talked with family or friends about schools they know and like… or don’t
- looked through materials from colleges – mailed to you or ones you have discovered online
- taken the SAT’s at least once and maybe taken some of the subject tests too
- taken the ACT
- thought about making visits to some schools early in the fall
So here’s my question: What’s your plan for the next four months?
If you have a plan -> fantastic! Just be sure to check in with some sources – guidance counselor/college advisor, books, me – to be certain you’ve got the big picture of what needs to be accomplished, you know the details, and you’ve created a timeline.
If you don’t have a plan -> time to make one! Read the next post!