Food for Thought… Read, Reflect, and Respond
Articles For Teens
- Your First Steps in the Search for the College That’s Right for You
- A Dozen Questions You Need to Answer Before Stepping onto a College
Resources For Parents
Read Making TEA: Time, Energy & Abundance, my column in SuzySaid.com here.
Listen to Jill’s radio show, College Bound & Determined – click the image below.
Apply for a Strategy Session
Send me an email to apply for a Strategy Session to discover if what I have to offer is a match for your needs at this point in your college search.
Teen Coachability Index
Are you ready for coaching? Take the Index and find out!
Choosing the College That’s Right for You!
Are you excited and committed to engaging in the college search and selection process? Find out more about my six session coaching program that will help you tap your strengths to manage the steps of the process and feel great about your growing independence.
Click here to learn more about my coaching program
On my bookshelf… Great references
(alphabetical by title)
Admissions, Guides, Visits, Interviews
- 101 Ways to Become the Perfect College Applicant, Jeanine Le Ny and the Kaplan Admissions Team, 2005.
- Admission Matters: What Students and Parents Need to Know About Getting Into College, Sally Springer and Marion R. Frank, Jossey Bass, 2005.
- Barrons: The All in One College Guide, Martin Nemko, Barrons, 2004.
- Campus Visits and College Interviews, Zola Dincin Schneider, The College Board, 2002.
- Choose the Right College and Get Accepted, Students Helping Students, Penguin.
- College Admission Essays for Dummies, Geraldine Woods, Wiley, 2003.
- Colleges That Change Lives, Loren Pope, Penguin, 2000.
- Finding the College that’s Right for You, John Palladino, McGraw-Hill, 2004).
- Fiske Guide to Getting Into the Right College, Edward Fiske & Brude Hammond, Sourcebooks, 2004.
- Making it into a Top College, Howard Greene and Matthew Greene, Harper Collins, 2000.
- The College Finder: Choosing the School that Right for You, Steve Antonoff, 1999.
- The Truth About Getting In: A Top College Advisor Tells You Everything You Need to Know, Katherine Cohen, Hyperion, 2002.
- SallieMae, How to Pay for College, a Practical Guide for Families, by Gen and Kelley Tanabe
- Paying for College, Petersons Guide
- How To Go To College Almost for Free, Ben Kaplan
- Winning Scholarships for College, by Marianne Ragins
- How to go to College on a Shoestring, by Ann Maire O’Phelan
- The Scholarship Book, 12th edition, by Daniel Cassidy and the Ellen Schneid Coleman Research Group (2006)
- The Everything Paying for College Book, Nathan Brown and Sheryle Propers
- The 2009 Scholarship Handbook, the CollegeBoard
And, check out these sites!