Your teen’s transition to college will impact your life and your role as a parent. Join me to share your questions and concerns about this time of change and transition, and find out how to make the most of this new phase of your life.
- Describe you role as a parent of a high school senior
- Reflect on your growth and transformation as a parent (from new parent to parent of a high school student)
- Imagine and discuss your future/new roles in life – vis-a-vis your first year college student, your partner, and children remaining at home
- Identify and discuss questions and concerns about the change and transformation your new role(s) will create
Questions to realize the objectives
- Who are you now as a parent to your high school senior?
- How has your role as a parent changed during the college search and selection process?
- Who do you want to be during this transition to becoming a parent of a college student? And in the future, how do you envision your relationship with your teen?
- How will you get there?
- What challenges do you anticipate?
- Who will support you? What resources exist?
- Interactive discussion