Jill Greenbaum is THE college coach you’re looking for.
Jill’s immediate contact info:
Jill Greenbaum Ed.D.
Dr. Greenbaum is a nationally known coach who supports teens in facing the daunting college search and selection process. Her coaching program, Choosing the College that’s the Right for You!, helps students move from anxious and overwhelmed to confident and enthusiastic. She is a popular speaker in local high schools, and regional, and national conferences. She maintains a website, www.MajorInYou.com/Blog and writes regularly on her blog of the same name.
What are Jill’s credentials?
Jill began her career as a teacher for students with special education needs in the New York City public school system and became a principal and administrator in private, nonprofit education settings serving special needs populations. Her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in child psychology and special education (respectively), and her doctorate in curriculum development, from Teachers College, Columbia University, form the foundation of her academic background, She is also a graduate of CoachU and Martin Seligman’s Authentic Happiness Coaching Program.
She is a prolific writer. In addition to her coaching program, individual and group coaching, and speaking engagements, she has authored a book, articles, ebooks, ecourses, teleclasses, and her “other” blog, trainerscafe.
Jill is a completely engaging guest and offers a treasure chest of practical strategies, methods, and resources to her audiences. Her blog offers a variety of materials including free articles, an ezine, mini-assessments, and information about her coaching program, Choose the College That’s Right for You!
If you are interested in learning more about Jill’s approach to coaching or the variety of programs she offers to schools and organizations, please contact her at:
See Jill’s curriculum vitae here
Highlights from Jill’s Curriculum Vitae
- Speaker to high school students re: planning for college and interviewing skills
- Teleclass leader for parents of teens starting the college search and selection process
- Presenter for Operation Enterprise training programs for high school and college students (American Management Association) in the areas of leadership, communication, presentations skills, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Opening speaker for annual retreats for FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology, SUNY) students with learning disabilities
- Designer, trainer, consultant for Pinelands Residential Community Home (NJ Juvenile Justice Commission) teachers and staff re: learning disabilities and diversity
- Designer and trainer of in-service training programs for FIT professors re: Accelerated Learning and diversity
- Staff developer and coach to teachers working in select parochial schools, as part of Bank Street College of Education, I-LEAD program
- Designer and trainer for Englewood, New Jersey public school teachers and administrators re: Accelerated Learning and diversity
- Professor, Adjunct faculty at Bank Street College of Education (graduate school); St. John’s University, (graduate school); Kingsborough College, CUNY
- Director of private, nonprofit education program for children with developmental disabilities and their families
- Principal at private, nonprofit school for elementary aged children with learning disabilities and emotional handicaps
- Teacher in New York City public schools, working with special education students (junior high through high school students)
Education and Training
- Teachers College, Columbia University – Doctoral degree; Curriculum Development 1983
- Bank Street College of Education – Master of Science degree; Bilingual Education 1980
- Clark University – Bachelor of Science degree; Psychology/Education 1978
- “What Now?” Training Program Graduate & Facilitator 2005
- Authentic Happiness Coach Training Program Graduate 2004
- CoachU Graduate 2003
Look here for Jill’s list of recent public speaking engagements, workshops and training programs, for teens, parents, and educators.