You’ve heard about FAQ’s… I think SAQ’s-Should Ask Questions-are even more important!
1. What are my values and how will they influence my college search?
2. How do I learn best?
3. What type of programming/curriculum do the different colleges offer?
4. How well do I handle money?
(cash, bank accounts, credit card, debit card, debt)
5. How do I take care of myself?
(eating, sleeping, boundaries, refusal skills, time, responsibilities, advocating for what I need and want…)
6. What’s my current knowledge and skill level in handling long terms project and work with peers?
7. What are admissions office personnel really looking for?
8. How can I best show who I am to colleges?
9. Which scholarships are a good match for me?
10. How are my relationship than my parents changing? What do I want it to be? How can I create that?
11. How do I want to spend my senior year in high school? What can I do to make sure that happens?